Saturday, October 1, 2011

Margie's 90th - Jenna

Grandma, I've always been a big fan of yours. My earliest memories of you are climbing into your lap while you sat in your bar stool, my tummy full of candy from the candy bowl, pink popcorn, and sandwiches made out of rolls. While growing up, we usually just saw you on Sundays and holidays so most of my memories of you are also memories of good food. Barbecues in the rain, Thanksgiving with Mrs. Bird asking "Whatareyoudoing?" while we "took the curse off the food," and hundreds of Sunday dinners.



I remember lots of laughing and listening to you and Grandpa's stories. I loved when the guitars came out, and we all enjoyed the music and singing together. I was proud when photo albums came out and people commented that I resemble you when you were younger.


I look forward to the day that our different ages no longer separate us, the day we will be together in Heaven, two women, two friends, our bodies unhampered by age or mortal cares, when we can enjoy an association as peers. We will laugh and laugh and laugh, I just know it! Even as a little girl I remember wishing I could play with the little girl that grew up to become my Grandma. So that is my birthday wish to you, Grandma, a wish for those future conversations in Heaven, when I can really get to know your soul. I love you so much and as so blessed to have you as my Grandma Shirley.


Happy 90th Birthday to my sweet Grandma.


Love,


Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment