Saturday, October 1, 2011

Margie's 90th - Jan

When I first got married I had no idea how true the statement was about when you get married you've married the whole family. I remember going to the old house in Salem before the flood and always feeling comfortable there. I couldn't have asked for a better mother-in-law. She was so kind, so funny and so comfortable to be with. I loved going there to that old house and witnessing Mr. Bird climb up my kitchen chair and everyone would just laugh.



Ross always kind of intimidated me at first, but when I grew to know him his dry sense of humor and giant heart won me over.


Marge usually had goodies of all kinds out to snack on. After the flood, our Sunday nights together were the highlight of my busy work week, or a little respite from my busy little faimily. Scott and Neal playing in the background and the rest of us yelling to hear each other over the din was awesome! It was so fun just to talk and reminisce.


Marge was always bustling around making sure we all got stuffed full of the best foods possible. Ross was usually in his recliner watching TV or over watching the guys play. So comfortable and fun.


I love my dear little mother in law for everything she is not: She's not sutffy, she's not selfish, she's not judgmental and that is what made ;me so comfortable. I'm so glad I married into the Shirley family. I was blessed in ways I never dreamed. They have helped me in times of need and for that I will be forever grateful.


Thanks for my little momma Margie, I'm so glad I'm hooked to her forever.


Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment