Saturday, October 1, 2011

Margie's 90th - Brett

One of the favorite times I spent with Grandma and Grandpa (a favorite time in my life, really) was the summer of 1995. Brandon and I got a job moving sprinkler pipe in a field near their house. Six nights a week, we would go to their house to spend the night because we had to be in the field at six the next morning. Almost every night, we would sit and chat over drinks and ice-creamy treats supplied by the Schwan's Man. Then, we would watch an hour of the Three Stooges, and Grandma and Grandpa would head off to bed.



Sitting down and chatting with them became one of the highlights of my day. It was during this time, I really developed a relationship with Grandma and Grandpa. I loved seeing how the two of them would interact. I loved hearing about how different things were when she was a kid. And also, getting the dirt on things my dad (and aunt and uncles) did as kids.


So, Happy Birthday, Grandma! I know you are a humble woman, but don't you dare think you haven't done that much for all of us.


We love you!


Brett, Tara, Gwen, and Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment