Saturday, October 1, 2011

Margie's 90th - Allison

I have many memories of my Grandma Shirley.

I remember as a kid we would call her from Salt Lake. When we talked to her she would always laugh. I have that laugh burned in my brain. Also you would hear Mrs. Bird echo her laugh in the background.

When Grandma would come to Salt Lake, she would always have a treat in her purse for us. Life Savers, or Starburst, or some kind of a candy bar all our own.

Grandma and I both have an interest in crafts. I have sewn many cross stitch projects and shown them to her for her approval. She has also shown me her projects and has given me some that are to hard for her. We also both have done hook rugs. Recently she watched my Hannah work on a rug.

I remember when she changed her hair color. She said, "Now if you see an old lady with white hair, don't worry. That is just your Grandmother."

Lately I have enjoyed going to lunch and the nursery with Grandma and Jan when we come to visit. She watches my kids and laughs at their antics. Often we will sit in the choir seats and watch the kids play in the yard while we visit.

Grandma NEVER says anything bad about anyone. Even when she has a reason to, she does not. I need to be more like that.

Love you, Grandma,

ALLISON

I love Grandma dearly

No comments:

Post a Comment